Crawl Space Encapsulation & Crawl Space Repair Company in Nebraska, Missouri, Colorado, Iowa & Kansas
Proven Crawl Space Encapsulation & Repair Solutions in Omaha, Grand Island, Wichita, Kansas City, Springfield, Denver & Sioux City
Thrasher Foundation Repair can transform your musty crawl space into a cleaner, drier, and more energy-efficient space with our crawl space encapsulation and repair solutions. No matter what kind of crawl space problem you have, we have the experience and proven, warrantied products to make things right. Our state-of-the-art products are specially designed for crawl spaces and include:
- Highly efficient dehumidifiers
- Thermal insulation
- Crawl space sump pumps
- Vent covers
- Vapor barrier
- & more!
If your crawl space is damp, musty smelling, exhibiting structural issues, or in need of winterization, Thrasher Foundation Repair has a solution.
Our Crawl Space Repair Solutions
Get a Free EstimateGive us a call at 1-844-948-3306 or complete this form and we'll contact you shortly to schedule a Free Inspection, and you'll get a no-obligation written quote during our initial visit.
Signs & Symptoms of Common Crawl Space Problems
At Thrasher Foundation Repair, we believe everyone deserves a happy, healthy home. For that to happen, every part of your home has to perform its best - including your crawl space. When crawl space problems occur, it can affect every part of your home, from the air quality down to its ability to regulate indoor temperatures.
Unfortunately, what they say is true: out of sight, out of mind. With the crawl space tucked away from the rest of your home, most people tend to overlook it. However, crawl spaces are vulnerable to humidity and moisture, which can cause a whole host of expensive problems.
Luckily, there are signs that your crawl space may need a vapor barrier or crawl space encapsulation, including:
- Interior drywall cracks
- Foul odors throughout the home
- Heightened allergies or asthma symptoms
- Uneven, sagging floors
- High energy bills
What caused my crawl space problems?
A variety of issues can cause these symptoms. Some of the common crawl space problems Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas and Missouri homeowners experience include:
Humidity & Moisture
High humidity, storms, and other issues can cause condensation and moisture to occur in your crawl space, putting the health, comfort, and safety of your home in jeopardy.
Mold & Musty Odors
A wet crawl space is a breeding ground for mold, mildew, and other allergens, which can cause musty odors and impact the air quality throughout the rest of the home.
Poorly insulated crawl spaces make it easy for pests and critters to not only infiltrate your crawl space but the rest of your home.
Wood rot caused by excessive crawl space moisture puts the structural integrity of your home at risk and can lead to sagging floors, wall cracks, and more.
When left unchecked, these crawl space problems only get worse over time. If you noticed any of these issues in your home, don't wait to find a professional crawl space repair contractor. Thrasher Foundation Repair offers reliable crawl space repair solutions, including crawl space encapsulation and vapor barriers in Council Bluffs, Bellevue, Grand Island, Kearney, Norfolk, Fremont, North Platte, and the surrounding areas. Schedule a free crawl space repair estimate today to improve the overall safety, health, and comfort of your home.
Our Approach to Crawl Space Repair
With over 45 years of experience, Thrasher Foundation Repair is committed to improving the comfort and functionality of your home with complete crawl space repair and encapsulation solutions. Every project starts with a thorough on-site inspection followed by a free, same-day estimate outlining the most effective repair options for your home. From there, you can rely on our professionally-trained crew to execute proven solutions to transform your wet, foul-smelling crawl space into the dry, odor-free space your home deserves.
- Install Airtight Doors & Vent Covers: Outdoor air and temperatures make it difficult for your HVAC system to regulate temperatures, resulting in cold ducts in the winter and hot ducts in the summer. Sealing your crawl space doors and vents stops the cold, humidity, and moisture from entering the home and protects against frozen pipes, cold floors, and high heating and cooling costs.
- Remove Any Standing Water Sources: Standing water can cause many problems, including wood rot and structural damage. These issues can also go on to impact areas above the crawl space. To eliminate any sources of flooding, we'll install a crawl space drainage system and sump pump that diverts water out of the crawl space.
- Repair the Structure: If your crawl space is sagging or damaged by prolonged standing water, mold, and rot, structural repairs will need to be made. Our crawl space support jacks will reinforce the area and help restore the structure to its original position.
- Encapsulate & Insulate: Installing a crawl space vapor barrier stops moisture from passing through your floors and porous concrete walls. We'll also install crawl space drainage matting underneath the liner to help direct water to the drainage system and crawl space sump pump.
- Install a Dehumidifier: An energy-efficient, self-draining crawl space dehumidifier will keep your space dry. It also prevents allergens from circulating throughout the rest of the home. Our SaniDry™ Sedona crawl space dehumidifier includes a filter that removes particles from the air as small as 2 microns, ensuring that we can permanently protect your crawl space from mold, dust mites, and mildew damage.
Whatever your crawl space repair needs, you can count on our team to deliver tried and true, warrantied solutions guaranteed to protect your home for years to come.
Before and After Photos
Why Choose Thrasher Foundation Repair for Crawl Space Repair & Crawl Space Encapsulation?
Thrasher Foundation Repair strives to exceed customer expectations at every turn, including our crawl space repair and crawl space encapsulation services. We're proud to offer homeowners in Sioux City, Lincoln, Omaha, and nearby permanent, high-quality solutions to their crawl space problems, whether it's mold and mildew or water and wood rot. Our team of professionally-trained experts gets the job done quickly and efficiently with as little mess and disruption in your home as possible.
With industry-leading, fully transferable warranties and guarantees, you can rest assured our crawl space encapsulation and repair solutions will keep your home safe and dry for the long haul. But don't just take our word for it; Thrasher Foundation Repair is a four-time winner of the Better Business Bureau's Integrity Award and has served many satisfied customers throughout Nebraska, Western Iowa, Central & Western Kansas and Northwestern Missouri.Read Our Customer Reviews
Frequently Asked Questions
A crawl space is an unoccupied, unfinished, narrow space within a building, between the ground and the first floor. The crawl space is so named because there is typically only enough room to crawl rather than stand.
Yes. Once in your crawl space, warm air condenses and leaves standing water before it works its way up and out of your home. This process is known as the stack effect and will worsen over time, creating mold and wood rot in your crawl space while also hurting your home's energy efficiency. Our encapsulation system includes crawl space waterproofing techniques, which keep your crawl space dry and prevent whole-home moisture issues.
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to crawl space repair. Removing crawl space moisture means designing a system to address your home's unique issues.
There are ways to fill a crawl space in, but it is not cost-effective to do so. You can also turn it into a basement, but it is a complex and expensive process to complete.
Crawl space waterproofing is very similar to basement waterproofing. Installing an interior drainage system, crawl space sump pump system, and crawl space encapsulation system is the best way to address a damp, musty crawl space.
Unfortunately, there isn't a one-size-fits-all approach to crawl space waterproofing, which means the cost can vary from one home to the next. The process and cost will be determined by the unique issues your crawl space presents and the steps it takes to address them.
We serve the following areas
- Birch Tree
- Edgar Springs
- Lake Spring
- Middle Brook
- Mountain View
- Peace Valley
- Van Buren
- South English