Create Healthier Air with Basement Waterproofing in Omaha, Grand Island, Wichita, & Nearby
Indoor Air Quality Concerns from Wet Basements
Did you know that most indoor air quality issues start (and stop) in your basement or crawl space? And it's vital to do everything possible to safeguard your and your family's health, especially for those with asthma, allergies, or other respiratory issues. Here are the most common airborne hazards associated with wet basements:
Mold typically grows in dark, wet areas with organic materials present, including timber, drywall, and paper. That is why the basement is the perfect environment for mold to thrive.
A humid basement is also the perfect environment for dust mites since they absorb the water in the air. Both mold and dust mites can irritate allergies and asthma.
High humidity causes water to evaporate and travel through the home. HVAC ducts carry air back into the basement, including germs. The moisture and darkness allow the bacteria to thrive and spread throughout the house as water evaporates.
Mold, mildew, and standing water can create foul, musty odors and an unpleasant environment for the entire house.
Fixing Basement Mold & Other Airborne Hazards
- Adding a waterproofing system: Our waterproofing system includes an industry-leading drainage system, sump pump, and vapor barrier.
- Reducing humidity levels: A SaniDry™ dehumidifier will dry out and filter the air in a basement or crawl space, reducing the risk of mold, dust mites, and airborne bacteria.
- Remove organic, mold-damaged materials: Discarding and replacing mold-stained organic materials with inorganic elements will prevent future mold growth.
- Repair or replace faulty plumbing: Outdated, damaged plumbing and pipes can be a source of leaks and plumbing.
- Replace outdated, clogged gutters: Without a reliable gutter system, water can spill over and saturate the ground around the foundation and seep into the house through cracks.
- Use a bathroom vent: A vent will expel humid air during showering and washing to the exterior.
Improve Indoor Air Quality with the Basement Waterproofing Experts
Does your home have musty odors, visible basement mold growth, indoor air quality concerns, or other signs of a wet basement problem? If so, contact Thrasher Foundation Repair today! We provide proven waterproofing and moisture control solutions.
Schedule a free basement waterproofing estimate to learn more. We proudly serve Nebraska, Iowa, and Missouri areas throughout Bellevue, Council Bluffs, Kearney, Grand Island, Fremont, North Platte, Norfolk, Sioux City, Lincoln, Omaha, and nearby.
Get a Free EstimateGive us a call at 1-844-948-3306 or complete this form and we'll contact you shortly to schedule a Free Inspection, and you'll get a no-obligation written quote during our initial visit.
We serve the following areas
- Birch Tree
- Edgar Springs
- Lake Spring
- Middle Brook
- Mountain View
- Peace Valley
- Van Buren
- South English