Our Approach to Egress Window Installation
Installing an egress window is more complicated than an average window installation because it involves excavation and cutting into your home’s foundation. We can install most egress window and window wells in just one day. Here’s what you can expect:
- Our logistics team pulls permits and has utility lines marked.
- On the day of your egress window installation, we’ll begin with digging. We lay plywood to prevent track marks in your yard from our excavator, hand-dig when there’s not enough room for an excavator, and haul away the extra dirt when we’re done.
- We cut into your foundation using specialized saws that cut all the way through in one pass for a seamless cut that doesn’t compromise the integrity of your foundation.
- During the framing process, we use sealant to create a finished look and help prevent water issues. After the window is placed, we use a silicone-based caulk to seal the seams.
- With every install, we include a sump basket inside the window well. If water issues occur down the line, this makes it easier to control and redirect to an interior drainage system and sump pump.
- When we’re done, we tamp down the surrounding dirt and do our best to make the area look as close to the way it looked when we arrived.