Basement Window Leak Repair in Omaha, Wichita, Kansas City, Sioux City & Nearby
Professional Solutions for Leaking, Flooding Basement Windows
Water will find its way into your basement in any way it can. Even if you seal off your concrete walls and install a perimeter drain, leaks can still occur through a variety of possible ways.
One of the most common ways that water floods into a below-grade space is through your basement windows. The experts at Thrasher Foundation Repair can help prevent these issues in your home. Call us today for a free estimate on leaky window repair services in Nebraska, Western Iowa, Central & Western Kansas and Northwestern Missouri!
Why Do Windows Leak?
Basement windows are most often made using inexpensive steel or wood frames. As these materials age, they will begin to break down, showing signs of rust, corrosion, and decay.
As the frames break down, the window panes begin to hang more loosely, and the frame itself begins to hang loosely in its opening in your basement wall.
Along with becoming a leaking issue, these windows will also become drafty. As your home loses conditioned air, your energy costs will rise.
Fortunately, basement window leaks can be fixed quickly, easily, and permanently by draining any leaking water into your perimeter drainage system.
Steps To Install the WellDuct® System
We fix leaking basement windows with the WellDuct® Basement Window System to redirect flooding to a perimeter drain or drywell. During installation, our technicians follow these four simple steps:
- Install a perimeter drain or drywell: At Thrasher Foundation Repair, we recommend that water from your WellDuct® is directed into a French drain system. Otherwise, a small drywell can be created beneath the leaking window. If your problem is a leaking crack beneath your window, no hole will need to be created.
- Create a drainage channel: The installer will create a small hole in the wall — just underneath the window. If you have block walls, a PVC pipe will be installed in this hole and a grated opening will be installed on the outside of the pipe to help prevent clogs. A polymer will be injected around the outer edge of the pipe to help keep it sealed and in place.
- Direct water into your perimeter drainage system: A gray plastic fitting will be placed on your inside basement wall, directing water down into your perimeter drain or drywell. The top of the drain will be sealed off with a polymer injection. Plastic pegs mechanically attach the plastic fitting to your walls.
- Seal the drain: The edges of the plastic fitting will be sealed to your wall with a polymer injection. Once the workplace is carefully cleaned, your installation is complete!
Basement Window Maintenance
Like most things in your home, your basement windows do better with a little maintenance. While your window will still probably leak at some point in the future without a WellDuct®, here are a few things you can do to help keep water to a minimum:
- Routinely clean out dirt, leaves, and other debris from your window wells.
- Keep your gutters clean so runoff water does not pool around your windows.
- Grade the soil around your home so it is sloped away from your windows -- and the rest of your foundation.
It's also worth noting that keeping a window well free of dirt, leaves, and similar debris is a good way to help prevent pest infestations. Ants, termites, and more will often build their nests in debris near a home and expand from there into your home.
Schedule a Free Leaky Window Repair Estimate
Call or e-mail us today for a free waterproofing quote in Omaha, Lincoln, Sioux City, Council Bluffs, Bellevue, Grand Island, Kearney, Norfolk, Fremont, North Platte, and the nearby areas in Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, and Colorado!
Get a Free EstimateGive us a call at 1-844-948-3306 or complete this form and we'll contact you shortly to schedule a Free Inspection, and you'll get a no-obligation written quote during our initial visit.
We serve the following areas
- Birch Tree
- Edgar Springs
- Lake Spring
- Middle Brook
- Mountain View
- Peace Valley
- Van Buren
- South English